Friday 8 August 2014

Getting into character

I am half way through editing my third book which will be out in about eight weeks hopefully but my attention has already been diverted to the next one. It's funny how your thoughts change when you take on a new character. Firstly in A FAR REACHING DREAM my main character Kate Arlen was a mid-20s business minded woman, intelligent and strong yet maybe a bit insecure when it came to love. Maybe this is what drove her to the arms of her boyfriend's brother and her best friend. I'll let you make your own mind up on that.

In THE HIDDEN PATH HOME which is a sequel to A Far Reaching Dream, the main character is Pete PHILLIPS. Fresh from a trip which he never expected to come back from he has to start rebuilding his life from scratch. At first he is a private person not sharing his free time with anyone until he meets Sam who replaces the love that he lost. Fairly quickly he falls in love and has a future, yet the past holds him back.

In book three who's title will be revealed shortly,  the main character is a child, thrust onto an uncaring family member. Scared and alone and he is thrown into an uncaring world where he can only rely on himself.

And now, I am having a complete change of everything and my brain and my writing imagination have already taken on another dimension. It's hard of course I won't pretend it's not, but I am really excited about the challenge that I have set myself for my next project. I will look forward to keeping my blog updated with the trials and tribulations that I will no doubt face on this journey.

I'll keep writing if you keep reading and together we'll make a dream team.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment